Local Christmas Backpacks for Wheeler County is similar to Christmas Backpacks for Appalachia, with the exception that these backpacks will go to the children in our own community. 27.4% of Wheeler County lives below the poverty line, this is much higher than the national average of 14%. Lets show these children the love of Christ during the Christmas season by providing them with everyday items.
Please note that backpacks should be clear as required by Wheeler Co. Schools.Â
You can drop off backpacks at the Annual Fall Celebration (Oct. 20, 6 p.m. FBC Lyons) or during collection week: November 4–6 from 9 a.m. — 2:30 p.m.
The local backpacks will then be transported to a FBC Glenwood. The children and their families will pick up the backpacks during a festival. Fathers & mothers will be able to quietly receive the gifts you have provided while their children are occupied in order to persevere the dignity of the parents. This will also allow our Wheeler County church pastors & leaders the opportunity to connect with these families.
Registration is not required, but very helpful so we can determine how many families we are able to bless. If you would like to participate, please fill in the form below. Thank you for your never ending love in Christ!
Filled Christmas Backpacks go to children and teens ages: 4–7 years, 8–10 years, and 11–15 years residing in Appalachia as well as in the most poverty stricken counties in Southwest Georgia. All Georgia Baptist churches can help meet the physical and spiritual needs of these children and teens by participating in meeting this goal.
- BackpacksÂ ANDÂ the contents need to beÂ NEW.
- New this year â€“Â each backpack must be securely tied with aÂ â€œGenderâ€ AND â€œAgeâ€ ribbon
- Please deliver backpacks to the DBA Office in Ailey, November 4–6 from 9:00 a.m. — 2:30 p.m.
Resources (Click on the file you wish to open)
- Bulletin Insert Color
- Bulletin Insert Black & White
- Flyer Color
- Flyer Black & White
- Christmas Backpack Gift Suggestion InstructionsÂ (How to pack a backpack)
- Christmas Backpack Gift Suggestion InstructionsÂ (How to pack a backpack B&W)
- Logo Color
- Logo B&W
- The Christmas Story
- 1‑Minute Promo VideoÂ (NOTE: After page loads, look below video for â€œDownloadâ€ button and click to choose download format.)
- 2‑Minute Promo VideoÂ (NOTE: After page loads, look below video for â€œDownloadâ€ button and click to choose download format.)
For more information, please contact the DBA office at (912) 583‑2713 or firstname.lastname@example.org