Weekly DBA UPDATE
- Thank you DBA churches for partnering with other Georgia Baptist Associations in providing backpacks for the children of Appalachia. The state goal this year was to reach 20,000 backpacks but praise the Lord, we exceeded that goal by collecting 20,236. Thanks again for your partnership, love for the Lord, and the wonderful children of Appalachia.
- Many of you have asked how churches can help with the current crisis in the Philippines. First of all, there is a team currently making a strategic plan to help those in need and are expected to provide a report and plan by December 1. Currently we are asking you to refrain from collecting supplies until that plan has been developed. As for what we can do now, pray. Also, if you can send financial help you may do so by making your checks out to Disaster Relief (put Disaster Relief Philippines on the memo line) and send it to:
Georgia Baptist Convention Missions & Ministry Center
c/o Disaster Relief
6405 Sugarloaf Parkway
Duluth, GA 30097-4092
- Our yearly cake ministry with the Baxley Children’s Home is fast approaching and we need your help. Please bring a cake (or cakes) to Tabernacle Baptist on December 5 (Thursday) between the hours of 7 and 9 a.m. We will have a team deliver the cakes to the Baxley Children’s Home where they will be stored and used all year long. If you need some cake boxes they may be picked up at our office in Ailey (9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Mon. thru Thurs.) or at First Baptist Vidalia (8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Mon. thru Thurs.).
- Thank you FBC Vidalia for hosting this year’s Conference on Church Revitalization through Prayer with Keith and Nicole Boggs. Our Church Leadership Team was responsible for planning this wonderful event which ministered to over 150 people from several of our DBA churches. Thank you team for your leadership and thank you churches for caring about prayer and church revitalization. I am truly blessed to be your Associational Missionary.
- Our DBA Evangelism Team is diligently working on a wonderful, creative conference that will help our churches learn to share the Gospel of Jesus with our community. On Saturday, January 25th we will be sponsoring the PROCLAIM evangelism conference to be hosted at Tabernacle Baptist with guests Dr. Steve Parr (from our Georgia Baptist Convention) and evangelist Jon Reed. The conference will begin at 9 a.m. and will include great music, exciting preaching and breakout sessions that will help us learn to share the Gospel with relatives, friends and neighbors. These two men are godly men who truly love Jesus and are active in sharing their faith. Breakout sessions will be:
Sow and Reap Evangelism for the “Everyday Person” –Jon Reed
Creating a Culture of Evangelism in Your Church –Steve ParrPlease plan to promote and attend DBA Evangelism Conference 2014.
- Please mark your calendars for Dr. Tim Searcy’s “Christology” class starting on January 14, 2014 at 6 p.m. at our DBA office in Ailey. This ten-week Bible Institute course is offered to all who are interested in learning about Jesus’ person, deity, sinlessness, death, and resurrection. This study will help us be better prepared to respond to present day teaching that challenges Christ’s divinity and sufficiency in salvation. Contact our DBA office to pre-register or come early the first evening of class to register. The cost of the course is $45.00 plus the cost of the text book.
- Many of you have already heard of the new ministry beginning in Montgomery County called the Montgomery County Christian Learning Center (MCCLC) but let me bring you up to date if you have not heard. Beginning in January Montgomery County High School students will have the ability to take SACS accredited Bible Classes as electives at the Briscoe Center at Brewton-Parker College. God is already blessing this ministry as it prepares to begin in January and we ask that you pray for the ministry team as well as the students. Let me also say thank you to Superintendent Rodgers and the School Board for allowing the MCCLC to provide these classes as they will be a blessing to students, families, and our Montgomery County communities. Things are going well but there are a few things that could help this ministry. Most importantly are study bibles. We would like to purchase 25 bibles at $24 each to be used by the students each semester. If you (or your church) would be willing to buy one of these bibles for the ministry please respond to this email write checks payable to DBA for $24 and put MCCLC Bibles on the memo line. We need to order the bibles by December 10th so please let me know ASAP if you are willing and able to help. Other needs include the following:
- Dave Ramsey’s “Financial Peace University DVD Home Study Kit” (9 dvd lessons and workbook/materials) for the course. $159.00 + s&h from daveramsey.com.
- 1 copy of Andy Stanley’s book “Principle of the Path”. $12.00 + s&h.
Not Immediate Need but a big convenience/needs:
- Laptop computer with new Office software and such for the organization and classroom (approx. $1,200).
- New video projector that will connect with laptops/vga connectors for the classroom.
If you can help with any of the above needs please let me know by email firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone 912-583-2713.
As you can see, God is doing a wonderful work in our Association and I am so pleased we are partners in reaching our community, state, country, and world for Christ.
Blessed to Serve,